Copyright 2014-2018 ©
Line Dance 4 Life
November 2018 Update - $35,060
Thanks to a donation from the 2018 Windy City Line Dance Mania event, several donations from our own dancers, and then a donation from the Wild Roses Dance Team in Florida, the new total is $35,060. The campaign began in October 2015, putting us slightly ahead of our goal of raising $10,000 per year to support child health-care research through The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
We've already raised thousands of dollars by raffling off wood plaques (made by an elf in our basement). We'll keep announcing new partnerships as they develop. Next milestone, $40,000 ...
How To Donate
- ONLINE: If you are ready to donate to our on-going campaign, here is the web link: DONATE ONLINE. If your donation is linked to a specific event or instructor, please mention it in the COMMENT block.
- BY MAIL: Make your check out to "Nationwide Children's Hospital" and send it to: K-Step 4 Kids, PO Box 224, Amlin, OH 43002. You'll receive your tax receipt by return mail from the Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation.
Results From Previous Events
- November 2015: Thanks to Patti Nivens and Steve Carroll, we raised $765 in New Jersey and Delaware.
- March, 2016: A great evening with Dee Blansett's Country Kickers! We raised $495 in Chardon, Ohio.
- April, 2016: 89 dancers plus their sponsors and donors contributed over $10,000 during our Columbus (Ohio) K-Step 4 Kids event. We gave away nearly $2000 in donated prizes. What a blast!
- October, 2016: We raised $1,360 during Eddie Huffman's 7th Annual Born 2 Dance in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- May, 2017: In partnership with Columbus (Ohio) Recreation and Parks, we raised $1,395 through raffles at the John Robinson Line Dance Workshop.
- October, 2017: Raised nearly $1,600 during Eddie Huffman's 8th Annual Born 2 Dance Workshop in Pigeon Forge, TN. This included raffles of several plaques and a unique Line Dance Quilt donated by Master Quilter Terry Stull of Columbus, OH.
- October 2017: Collected over $1000 in donations during the 3rd Annual Motor City Dance Classic in Detroit. A very appreciative "thank you" to our hosts, Derek Steele and Jason Miller, for joining the campaign!
- November 2017: Choreographer/instructor Rob Holley conducted a month-long raffle resulting in $415 in donations.
- January 2018: Choreographer/instructor Lisa Johns-Grose (Ft. Pierce, FL) raffled off a plaque, with proceeds shared between a local charity and K-Step 4 Kids, resulting in a $155 donation.
- January 2018: Choreographer/instructor Christa Thomas (Chicago) held a January raffle that raised over $900!
- March 2018: Jamie and Barney Marshall's Ft. Wayne Dance For All raised $1788!
- March 2018: Deb Howell hosted a raffle in Nashville.
- April 2018: Cheryl Rogers and the HOT Heart Of Texas Team raised $315.
- May 2018: Conrad Farnham and the Copperhead Line Dance Team in Vermont have collected $500 so far toward June and July event raffles!
- June 2018: Eddie Huffman's 9th Annual Born 2 Dance, in Pigeon Forge, TN, raised $1066, bringing their 3-year total to $4072. Awesome!
- July 2018: Melissa Culbertson and the Indy Dance Explosion raffled off a plaque to bring the campaign past $34,000.
- October 2018: Mark Cosenza and Tina Veliotis provided a generous donation from the Windy City Line Dance Mania event.
- November 2018: Wendie Riggs Smith and DeeDee Maynard, and the Wild Roses Dance Team in Ft. Pierce, FL, raffled off a single plaque for $400 to push the campaign past $35,000
What You Can Do
- PLAN AN EVENT: Create a K-Step 4 Kids event, or add a K-Step 4 Kids element to an existing event. We'll be happy to help. We'll help you educate attendees regarding our campaign. Perhaps even attend and tell the story in person!
- TURN ONE OR MORE DANCE CLASSES INTO A FUNDRAISER: Are you an instructor? Lets demonstrate the power of the world-wide dance community. Ask your dancers to bring small cash donations, or checks made out to "Nationwide Children's Hospital." Pool cash donations into a single check.
- In either case, give us some advance warning and we'll craft you a high-quality solid maple wall plaque you can use as a raffle prize!