Copyright 2014-2017 ©
Line Dance 4 Life
October 2017 Update - $20,089
Sherry Reynolds, organizer of the Lone Star Invitational in Austin, TX, recently sent in a generous donation. Jill Babinec's Dance For A Cure kicked in a donation from a raffle plaque. And our old friend Eddie Huffman's second annual K-Step 4 Kids event just raised over $1,500, raising our total to over $20,000. What a milestone! Upcoming event later this month in Michigan. And in 2018, we'll be the event charity for the Ft. Wayne Dance For All!
We've already raised hundreds of dollars by raffling off several wood plaques (made by an elf in our basement). Lots of excitement on this front! Thanks to a new partnership with the Regan Rankin Holland School of Irish Dance, a recent raffle brought in $225, plus we took two orders for $100 custom plaques. Custom-made plaques will also be raffled off at a September event in Youngstown, and October events in Michigan Tennessee. $20,000 milestone, here we come ...
How To Donate
- ONLINE: If you are ready to donate to our on-going campaign, here is the web link: DONATE ONLINE. If your donation is linked to a specific event or instructor, please mention it in the COMMENT block.
- BY MAIL: Make your check out to "Nationwide Children's Hospital" and send it to: K-Step 4 Kids, PO Box 224, Amlin, OH 43002. You'll receive your tax receipt by return mail from the Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation.
Results From Previous Events
- November 2015: Thanks to Patti Nivens and Steve Carroll, we raised $765 in New Jersey and Delaware.
- March, 2016: A great evening with Dee Blansett's Country Kickers! We raised $495 in Chardon, Ohio.
- April, 2016: 89 dancers plus their sponsors and donors contributed over $10,000 during our Columbus, Ohio K-Step 4 Kids event. We gave away nearly $2000 in donated prizes. What a blast!
- October, 2016: We raised $1,360 during Eddie Huffman's 7th Annual Born 2 Dance in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- May, 2017: In partnership with Columbus (Ohio) Recreation and Parks, we raised $1,395 through raffles at the John Robinson Line Dance Workshop.
- October, 2017: Raised over $1,500 during Eddie Huffman's 8th Annual Born 2 Dance Workshop in Pigeon Forge, TN. This included raffles of several plaques and a unique Line Dance Quilt donated by Master Quilter Terry Stull of Columbus, OH.
What You Can Do
- PLAN AN EVENT: Create a K-Step 4 Kids event, or add a K-Step 4 Kids element to an existing event. We'll be happy to help. We'll help you educate attendees regarding our campaign. Perhaps even attend and tell the story in person!
- TURN ONE OR MORE DANCE CLASSES INTO A FUNDRAISER: Are you an instructor? Lets demonstrate the power of the world-wide dance community. Ask your dancers to bring small cash donations, or checks made out to "Nationwide Children's Hospital." Pool cash donations into a single check.