Copyright 2014-2021 ©
Line Dance 4 Life
For Beginners! Basic Line Dance Steps: The fine folks at The world Line Dance Newsletter have some resources for Beginning Line Dancing. Check them out at http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/info-beginners.html
Check out this YouTube Channel: Kari's Line Dancing has some excellent YouTube videos teaching the individual steps.
And here are a few more links for Beginners from one of our original K-Step 4 Kids Champions, Patti Nivens Leathers, an instructor in the New Jersey/Philadelphia area:
- This document links to several videos reviewing line dance steps
- Plus Top Ten Steps Part 1 and Part 2
- And her most recent video, Let's Talk About Line Dance Turns!
We now offer "hybrid" line dance classes delivered - simultaneously - in person and via Zoom teleconferencing services. Our total attendance since we began Zoom services in March 2020 now exceeds an eye-popping 22,000! (Didn't see THAT coming.) We do not charge a fee to dance via Zoom with us. Every couple of months we open up briefly for donations. How much? Anything at all - or nothing at all! Completely up to you.
Hybrid Tuesday 1-3 PM Beginner/Improver: If you are joining us in person on Tuesday, simply show up at the Gillie Recreation Center at 12:45pm. No set fee. A donation box is available. Contact the Gillie Center at 614-645-3106 for more information, or email your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To dance with us via Zoom, send us an email at email@example.com
Hybrid Friday 1-3 PM Beginner/Improver: Dancing at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church is now run in multi-week sessions, with prior registration and pre-payment. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll. Want to join us via Zoom? Drop us an email and we'll hook you up!
Hybrid Monday 6:30-8:00 PM Eastern Time, Advanced Modern Line Dancing: This Intermediate/Advanced class will be run in multi-week sessions in person at the Worthington Community Center, plus you can join us via Zoom. Want to dance in person? Email us for registration instructions.
Joining us on Monday via Zoom? Email us to get hooked up that way, too! Either way, contact us at email@example.com.
Need help connecting to our virtual classes? Step by step instructions will be part of every class "Invitation." Here are some resources to get you started:
- Tutorials on connecting to Zoom sessions: Everything you ever wanted to know about a Zoom virtual meeting, but were afraid to ask!
- Connect to a Zoom Practice Room: This allows you to check to see if you are set up properly to participate in a Zoom virtual meeting.
- Seek help from a Zoom professional: Once you get there, click the little blue HELP bubble in the lower right corner!
- Make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom "client" software.
Approaching a K-Step 4 Kids donation milestone!
Check the K-Step 4 Kids page for the news ...
Is line dancing good exercise? Here's an article on the subject.
Here is ourSummer 2018 "Gotta Move" Flash Mob video