Beginning in April 2021, we now offer "hybrid" line dance classes delivered - simultaneously - in person and via Zoom teleconferencing services. Our total attendance since we began Zoom services in March 2020 now exceeds an eye-popping 20,000! (Didn't see THAT coming.) We do not charge a fee to dance via Zoom with us. Every couple of months we open up briefly for donations. How much? Anything at all - or nothing at all! Completely up to you.
- Tuesday/Friday 1-3 PM Beginner/Improver: If you are joining us in person on Tuesday, please contact the Gillie Center at 614-645-3106 to register (floor space limited due to continued Social Distancing). To dance with us on Friday, just show up at St. Patrick's Episcopal in Dublin. Joining us via Zoom? The "room" will open at 12:30 Eastern Time to let you get connected and settled. Email us for a "tryout" link for a Zoom session.
- Sunday 1:45-3:30 PM Intermediate/Advanced: Still virtual only. The Zoom session opens at 1:30 Eastern Time.
- How do you get in? If you are one of our regular weekly dancers, you will routinely receive links to classes at 8AM Eastern on dance days. If you have never danced with us, please contact us for a "tryout" link. Use the CONTACT US page on our menu.
Need help connecting to our virtual classes? Step by step instructions will be part of every class "invitation." Here are some resources to get you started:
- Tutorials on connecting to Zoom sessions: Everything you ever wanted to know about a Zoom virtual meeting, but were afraid to ask!
- Connect to a Zoom Practice Room: This allows you to check to see if you are set up properly to participate in a Zoom virtual meeting.
- Seek help from a Zoom professional: Once you get there, click the little blue HELP bubble in the lower right corner!
- Make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom "client" software.
Approaching a K-Step 4 Kids donation milestone!
Check the K-Step 4 Kids page for the news ...
Is line dancing good exercise? Here's an article on the subject.
For Beginners! Basic Line Dance Steps: The fine folks at The world Line Dance Newsletter have some resources for Beginning Line Dancing. Check them out at http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/info-beginners.html
And here are a few more links for Beginners from one of our original K-Step 4 Kids Champions, Patti Nivens Leathers, an instructor in the New Jersey/Philadelphia area:
- This document links to several videos reviewing line dance steps
- Plus Top Ten Steps Part 1 and Part 2
- And her most recent video, Let's Talk About Line Dance Turns!
Here is ourSummer 2018 "Gotta Move" Flash Mob video
Copyright 2014-2021 ©
Line Dance 4 Life
In-person classes have resumed for our Tuesday and Friday sessions. They will be "hybrid." Live, plus Zoom.
Sunday remains Zoom only.